Strengthening TVET in developing countries
Building Skills for Jobs seeks to achieve this through supporting projects that meet the following goals (outcomes):
- Increased number of people complete documented and transferable TVET training
- Increased number of people complete internships, apprenticeships or other types of work placement as part of the TVET-training programmes
- TVET institutional development
Building Skills for Jobs supports cooperation between private sector, educational actors and public authorities in Norway and in developing countries.
The organisations named as the main applicant must be registered in Norway, and the projects must be carried out in cooperation with at least one partner in the receiving country. In addition the projects must consist of at least one enterprise or other private sector actor in Norway or in the target country, as well as one educational actor in the target country.
Funding can be granted to projects that prioritize initiatives at a level equivalent to upper secondary school or lower.
Priority will be given to projects in the following countries:
- In Africa: Ethiopia, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda
- In Asia: Afghanistan, Indonesia, Jordan, Lebanon, Myanmar, Nepal, Palestine, Syria
- In America: Brazil, Colombia, Haiti.
This second call for project support was launched in June 2017.
Deadline for project applications: 6 October 2017 at 15:00 CET
The call is open for projects lasting up to 4 years, with start-up early 2018.
The total budget for the call is up to NOK 50 million, and the projects may be awarded up to NOK 3 million per year (maximum NOK 12 million per project).
You will find the complete call at the bottom of this page.
Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education (SIU) will administer the call on behalf of Norad.