Project funds for North America
Norwegian institutions of higher education are invited to apply for funds for projects related to higher education collaboration with institutions in the US and Canada. The collaboration must include an element of collaboration with the public or private sectors.
Funds are available for limited activities through the Project Funds for North America.
The project funds are provided through the Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research’s North America Strategy for Higher Education Cooperation (2012-2015).
The Strategy includes a goal of connecting collaboration in higher education between Norwegian and North American institutions to enterprises in the public and private sectors. This call is directed towards encouraging such collaboration, and all applications must include this perspective. Please see the Call for proposals and Guidelines for Project Funds for North America for details about the call.
The aims of the project funds are:
- To contribute to the development of institutional partnerships through academic collaboration between higher education institutions in Norway and North America
- To promote higher education cooperation with the US and Canada related to collaboration with or involvement of enterprises in the public and private sectors
- To contribute to increased mobility of students and staff between Norway and North America.
Higher education collaboration that includes collaboration with or involvement from enterprises in the public and private sectors is the focus and priority of the call.
Who may apply?
The application must be submitted by an accredited Norwegian higher education institution. Public and private institutions may apply. Eligible partner countries are the US and Canada. Projects may apply for funding up to NOK 200 000.
How to apply?
Applications must be submitted through SIU’s online application database, Espresso. The Norwegian project coordinator must create the application in Espresso.
In addition to the online application, two documents must be submitted to SIU:
- A signature page, available in Espresso when the application is submitted. This page must be signed by the project coordinator and the relevant academic dean at the Norwegian institution.
- A letter of commitment from the main partner institution in the US/Canada, confirming interest in the proposed collaboration project. The letter can be uploaded in Espresso and submitted along witht the application. Letters of commitment from network partners are not required.
The deadline for the 2014 call for applications is September 16, 2014 at 15:00 Norwegian time (CET).
The signature page and letter of commitment must be received by SIU by October 7, 2014
SIU plans to announce a similar call in 2015, subject to continued funding by the Norwegian Parliament.