Scheme for Norwegian studies abroad
The Scheme for Norwegian studies at higher education institutions abroad includes grants for higher education institutions which offer courses in Norwegian topics, grants for student fieldwork in Norway and administration of Norwegian teachers abroad scheme.
For more information about grants for student fieldwork, see Semester Grants.
Here you may find more information about Norwegian teachers abroad scheme (only Norwegian).
Grants for higher education institutions
Twice a year, SIU distributes grants to higher institutions of learning abroad which offer courses in Norwegian studies (teaching grants) and grants to higher institutions of learning or other bodies who arrange conferences, seminars or students’ excursions for an overseas target group, with a Norwegian subject.
The aim of the teaching grant is to meet the cost of making provisions for Norwegian studies not covered by the educational institution.
The teaching grant covers a range of study-related expenses, like books, films, CDs, subscription to publications and software, technical aids, teaching materials, paper/photocopying costs etc.
Who is eligible?
Universities and other higher institutions of learning abroad which offer courses in Norwegian subjects as language, literature, history, culture and social studies.
Grants for regional conferences, meetings and seminars
The grant shall help promote Norway abroad and strengthen Norwegian studies at overseas educational institutions. It shall also aid people working with Norwegian studies at overseas educational institutions in their professional development, and allow them to meet colleagues and to exchange experience.
Funding is available for events such as
- regional conferences, meetings and seminars with a relevant, professional content
- travel and board for lecturers participating in such events
- excursions, student seminars etc for overseas students
- summer courses at Norwegian higher institutions of learning
Who is eligible?
- Lecturers overseas and others teaching Norwegian at an overseas university may apply to have their expenses covered when attending regional conferences, meetings, seminars etc. Applications are also accepted for student events, excursions etc.
- Bodies organizing regional conferences, meetings and seminars for lecturers overseas and others teaching Norwegian at overseas educational institutions. Such organisations will primarily be educational institutions or foreign missions.
- Norwegian educational institutions organizing summer courses for overseas students
How to apply?
Please visit the application page.